When negotiating an offer, we follow this systematic approach.
- Ask the right questions when the offer is presented to get an idea of the buyer's sincerity and financial situation.
- Review the contract and your obligations before you sign.
- Estimate your net proceeds based on a specific offer.
- Help you handle the issue of "possession."
- Explain how contingencies work.
- Explain the ramifications of pest inspection, structural & radon reports.
- Explain your responsibilities regarding the condition of the property.
- Verify that the buyers have received all appropriate disclosures.
- Orchestrate the offer process to arrange "back-up" offers when possible.
Monitoring and Managing the Process
- Stay in constant communication with the buyer's agent to ensure a smooth transaction.
- Coordinate the details of the transaction with the bank and attorneys.
- Follow up closely on the progress of the buyer's loan.
- Facilitate the appraisal process.
- Monitor contingency removal dates closely and discuss these with you.
- Advise you regarding specific buyer requests related to structural pest control and general structural inspections.
- Help you if conflicts or impasses with the buyer arise.
- Be present with you at the closing to ensure a smooth transfer.
Contact Greentree Real Estate for more information on selling Vermont real estate.